Friday, September 05, 2008



1st Cross Country Meet
Sam and Liz had their first Cross Country Meet
on Wednesday. They had to run 2 miles. They did
such a good job. (Ofcourse I am biased) They were
both in the middle of the group. Sam ran it in 22 minutes.
And Liz did hers in 31 minutes. I think it is pretty good
since they have only been running for a couple of weeks
and haven't been in any other sports for a couple of years.
On another note. We are so proud of the kids.
Last year we all struggled with grades and finishing
homework. So this year Jake implemented a heavy
"reward" for getting A's. I won't get into the reward
we have promised, however I will show you the results!!
Last year Sam and liz were getting B's C's D's and F's
and most of it was because they were not doing their
homework. This year, Sam so far has 7 A's (5 of them
are A+'s) and 2 B's. Liz has 6 A's and 3 B's now
granted this is only their mid-term. But we are so
proud of their hard work!!! And they are keeping
their grades up while running in 100 + degree
weather. Good Job Kids!!!

3 comments:

suz said...

Good for you guys! But you have to spill the beans- what's the reward?Inquiring minds want to know.

Tiffany said...

Great job Liz & Sam!! That's awesome!! Keep up the good work...and will you let me in on your reward?...I'll do all of my homework! :)

The Lutz Family said...

I would like to hear about the reward also. Nate has made a deal that if he gets a 4.0 he can grow his hair out again. I would love to see the 4.0, but I could do without every seeing that shaggy mop again. I'm not sure if there is any reward to motivate Matt. I heard you guys are coming out in Nov. for the wedding. We are excited. Candi