Friday, August 15, 2008

Breakfast for Dinner!!!!
Yes, I still have a family. I am sure you were all
wondering when you would get to see them again!!
I have been busy since starting my little business. I
have been very blessed. I could not do this business
without my father in heaven. I can see his guidance in
everything I do.
So a quick catch up on what we have been up to.
The kids are finishing up their 2nd week of school.
So far so good. They have been great at doing their
homework and staying organized. That is our goal
this year. I think it helps that I am around for them
when they are home to help them out. Both the kids
are in Band this year. Sam is still playing the Saxaphone
and Liz has decided to play the trumpet. I was kind of
hoping for a quieter instrument like the triangle or
something.......but no luck. The kids will also be
going out for Cross Country this year. I have again
started running so I hope to be able to keep up with
them. Our goal is to be able to do some races together.
In all of my busy-ness, my good friend Cristy called me
up because she went to this great cafe in San Diego called
Cafe 222. She said that her sister ordered this wonderful
breakfast dish that was to die for. She looked it up on the
internet and we had to get together to try it. Cristy and
I have had several "Cooking Days" when we find a
good recipie or watch a great Food Network show we
get together and try it out. And since this was
breakfast my all time favorite meal of the day
I was up for it. It was soooooooo yummy and easy,
the kids and I made it on Wednesday night. Jake was
going to be home late. And when he is gone or not
going to be home for dinner that is usually when
the kids and I have "breakfast for dinner" because
Jake is a party pooper and won't eat breakfast for
dinner. So the dish is "Peanut Butter and Banana Stuffed
French toast" Below the pictures I posted the recipie!!









Peanut Butter and Banana Stuffed French Toast
6 sliced day-old white or wheat bread
1-2 ripe bananas
8 Tbls creamy peanut butter
Honey, for drizzling
4 eggs
1/4 heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon dark rum
(yes you need the rum, Cristy and I used real rum but
with the kids we used extract)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Dash of salt
Butter or oil for frying
Powdered sugar for topping
Maple syrup for topping
Remove crust from bread. Lay bread out on
counter and spread a thin layer of peanut butter
on each side. Peel banana and slice enough to
cover every other piece of bread. (You'll be making
3 complete sandwiches). Drizzle a small amount of
honey on each piece of bread that does not have
bananas on it. (These are the tops) Place honey
drizzled piece of bread on top of a piece with bananas
and peanut butter on it to make a sandwich. Reapeat
until you have made 3 sandwiches.
In a bowl gently whip by hand the eggs, cream,
vanilla, rum, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Heat skillet to medium heat, around 350-375 degreesF
or until butter melts and begins to sizzle. Dip 1 sandwich
at a time into run batter and place into skillet.
Cook until golden brown ( about 3-4 mintues before turning)
on each side. Remove from skillet and cut in 1/2 diagonally.
Top with powdered sugar, butter and maple syrup.
Serves 2-3 people
here is a link to watch a demo of making the dish.
And other yummies from the Cafe.
I see a trip to San Diego in our future!!!


No comments: