Wednesday, August 09, 2006

So Sam had his first day of Drama class yesterday. He is very excited at all the fun things they are going to be doing this quarter. The teacher gave him a course outline of what they will be doing every week. They will be writing scripts for skits and commercials. So Sam came up to me and said"You know mom, I think in order to be better in my drama class I will study some classic shows on tv to help me when I write me skit." I was very proud of my son. I was thinking Ok we will find some " I love Lucy shows" or "Dick Van Dyke" shows. So I asked him, what shows are you thinking of studying?" He said "You know the classics, probably "Fresh Prince of Bel Aire or something like that!!" I about died of a heart attack!!!!! Fresh Prince a classic tv show?! I am not that old!!!! But then I had to laugh, he probably hasn't even seen a "I love lucy show or has no idea who Dick Van Dyke even is.......I guess I have to admit it.....I am getting old.

Now thinking about it though.....if he wants to study a "classic" I should introduce him to "CHiPs" (For all those whose last name is Clifford, Davis& Farrar!!!!!)

1 comment:

Mrs. James Quigley said...

I have the cosby show first season on DVD! Now, talk about Classic. I had to explain to kid yesterday what a penpal was...