Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Our Brand New Advent Calander
Sam typing our daily activities on strips of paper.
(Yes, this is my very messy desk)





The cute tins Liz and I put together!



It has been such a long time since I have done an all out
craft project. But this year I am feeling better mentally
than the last several Christmas seasons. So even though
I am terribly busy at work, I am trying very hard to
do fun things at Christmas, and not let everything
bog me down. Since Sam is in High School, I feel like
I have very few years left, so we are making them very fun!
I decided we would do a fun advent calander. Ofcourse I
still need to make sure they have treats in them every day.
Heaven forbid, the kids really don't change all that much do they?
Then the kids and I sat down together and made a list of all
the things we wanted to do this year, like watching our
favorite Christmas movies, making our favorite treats,
see the lights at the temple. Make gingerbread houses, ect, ect.
I was kind of surprised how excited the kids were to help. Even Sam.
Now ofcourse he could care less about cute paper, and such. He left
that up to Liz and I. But he printed and cut the stips out.
I put the strips in the containers, plus a few surprises of my
own. So they don't know everything. But we
are very excited for a fun holiday season!





2 comments:

suz said...

very cute- I like the strips of paper and activities idea. I could never get any candy into those containers anyway!

B.Bird said...

What a great idea for an advent calendar. I'm going to have to remember this idea. Thanks for sharing. It looks really cute too.